The Components of a Clean Diet
July 2, 2017
Eating a clean diet is one way to ensure a healthy food intake which can help you to remain fit and healthy. Here are the things you would need to eat for a clean lifestyle.
- Fruits and Vegetables: the mainstay of a clean eating plan, fruit and vegetables contain vitamins, minerals and fibre to help you stay healthy. Antioxidants found in fruit and veg also help to get rid of free radicals in the body, which can sometimes cause illnesses like cancer.
- Whole grains: things like buckwheat, rice and pasta can be used in a clean diet, just choose the wholegrain versions rather than the overly processed white refined ones!
- Meats: organic meat is a good source of iron and minerals. Protein also helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer, so you are less likely to snack!
- Eggs and dairy: milk, eggs, butter and natural yoghurt are safe on a clean diet. Steer clear from non organic versions if possible, and avoid sugar laden fruit yoghurts, which are mostly sugar!
- Legumes: beans and peas are a good protein source as well as being high in fibre.
Things to avoid include junk food, added sugars, sweets, chocolate, pastries and anything with long ingredient lists which look like they come from a science lab!